Do you ever feel that the chance to switch off and “just be” is a rare thing?
In this fast paced world in which we live, work and play, it sometimes feels like the opportunity to pause, be in the moment and just relax can be the most difficult thing to achieve.
When we’re not at work we’re social networking. As busy working women, multi-tasking becomes an everyday occurrence. Lets not even think about the To Do lists that we automatically start to compile in our heads the minute we hit the pillow. That scene with Sarah Jessica Parker in the movie “I Don’t Know How She Does It”. We can all relate!
As winter finally fades and spring brings with it the promise of the new, we’ve come up with our top six ways to relax our minds and bodies and are vowing to put them into practice as often as possible…
1. Get some Headspace. We’ve recently discovered this brilliant App that guides you through ten minutes of mindful meditation per day, wherever you are and whenever you want. Ignore the irony that an App can help you switch off and sign up for a free ten-day trial here.
2. Be gentle on yourself and try a yoga class. By combining yoga poses with breathing techniques, you’ll find that letting go of stress happens almost simultaneously. Plus it’s the perfect excuse to purchase some new workout gear – we love Sweaty Betty.
3. Get outside! Whether it’s just a ten minute walk during your lunch break or better still, yoga outdoors when the weather warms up, being out in the fresh air pays dividends when it comes to wellbeing and a positive mindset.
4. Indulge in a bath time ritual that’s just for you – no kids allowed! Ensure you take time out by yourself with no interruptions and run the deepest bath, adding some of our Kukui Oil Soothing Bath & Shower Oil and soak all the noise and worries of the day away.
5. Think positively and look forward. Learning to focus on the good in life instead of the negative is a mindset we all aspire to but sometimes find difficult to achieve. Find ways to train your mind. We love this piece in Red Online about setting your morning mood to positive as a starter.
6. Try and indulge in life’s little luxuries on a daily basis. Whether it’s a cup of coffee by yourself with a magazine, lighting a candle whilst listening to music and pottering about the house with no real agenda or using your favourite body moisturiser for your morning shower routine followed by a spritz of matching fragrance, do at least one every day!
How do you like to unwind and find peace of mind?