So here we are with less than two weeks to go until Christmas is upon us once more. Here at Connock London, we love this time of year and relish the thought of a little relaxation, a lot of indulgence and spending time with loved ones.
But there’s the key word – time. As anyone who plans and organises Christmas knows, when you factor it in alongside working, running a business or looking after a family and all it entails, this time of year can be somewhat stressful.
So in the spirit of sharing and wishing goodwill to all men, women and children, here are our top five tips for a stress free Christmas.
1. Plan ahead as much as possible and that applies from everything to cooking, gift-wrapping and food shopping. At this point in the game we usually know what we’re doing when and who we’re seeing where but don’t forget the details. Make lists! We fully admit to loving a good list and live by them at this time of year. Plan your food menus for the week and shop accordingly. Rope as many family members as possible into gift wrapping, card writing etc. and have key “Must Be Done By” dates in your calendar set with alerts.
2. Remember there is no such thing as “The Perfect Christmas”. If the pages of glossy magazines, catalogues and brochures are anything to go by, we should all be celebrating the holiday season in a picture perfect world. Repeat after us: it does not exist! Not everything will go according to plan and generally at least one person will end up in tears before the year is out. This is perfectly normal and definitely allowed!
3. Don’t forget to take time out for yourself in the busy festive run up. Tell the rest of the household you’re unavailable, lock yourself in the bathroom with a glass of wine, light our Kukui Oil Candle and run yourself a beautifully fragrant, soothing bath.
4. Enjoy those moments when the magic does appear – take pictures with your minds eye and commit them to memory. Treasure the look of wonderment on a small child’s face when they awake to find “He’s been!”, notice that extra warm hug from a family member you haven’t seen in a while and don’t forget to stop under the mistletoe as you pass by the one you love en route to the kitchen for the tenth time. Those are the moments that count.
5. And finally let us deal with that one last minute present that possibly slipped your memory! You can order any of our beautiful products or gifts with next day delivery up until 23 December. We can even gift wrap it and included a handwritten message.
Wishing you a very Happy Christmas from all of us at Connock London – may your season be serene, full of joy and moments to treasure!