“…and relax.” Perhaps two of our favourite words but sadly ones that we don’t hear as often as we would like!
As the pace of life usually runs at 110mph, time to relax and recuperate often falls way down the list of priorities. That other must-do mantra of “Get more sleep” of course goes hand in hand with relaxation – you can’t have one without the other.
With the year already halfway through we thought it was about time we revisited some of those resolutions made back in the dark winter days of January for a little inspiration! Our “…and relax” Pinterest board seemed a good place to start as any for our top five summer relaxation summer tips.
- At the beginning of the day take two minutes to pull back the curtains, throw open the window and just breathe. Don’t check your emails or jump straight into the shower. Do enjoy this peaceful activity with a cup of tea!
- If possible, have some fresh flowers at your desk or within sight in your workspace. Just glancing up to see a vase filled with fresh summery blooms is enough to make you smile…and instantly relax.
- Make your home a fragrant place to reside in - nothing can evoke memories in the way that fragrance does. Our Kukui Oil Fragrance Diffuser contains heady romantic notes of Gardenia and Jasmine, blended into a warm sultry base to leave your room filled with the scent of exotic Hawaiian flowers. Perfect for happy holiday memories or time spent in faraway places.
- Make time at the weekend to go for a walk alone - even if it’s just ten minutes spent listening to music and letting your thoughts wander. Whenever possible we like to do this by the sea. There’s just something about staring at the ocean that helps to calm a restless mind.
- Put away all those tempting mobile devices at least an hour before bed. We know everyone recommends this but it really does help to switch off the brain prior to sleep.
So there you have our five favourite ways to switch off this summer – none of them will take up too much of your time and all for free or less than the price of a massage!
Here at Connock London, we’ll soon be adding to our room fragrance collection – watch this space for news and updates coming soon!