Why we should all be using Andiroba Oil in our skincare and haircare routine
For centuries, Andiroba Oil has been well known throughout the Amazon region for its medicinal properties and as a natural anti-inflammatory. This remarkable oil, gathered from the seeds of the Andiroba Tree, is rich in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants and has been a firm favourite within Brazilian culture as a natural skin and hair product for generations.
If you are just discovering the potency of this wonder oil, here are some of the benefits you may not yet have come across:
- It contains Andirobin, which provides a natural protective barrier for the skin. Our skin is exposed to the sun’s rays, pollutants and dirty particles every day and this natural barrier can prevent these harsh elements taking their toll.
- Andiroba Oil’s supercharged vitamin and mineral content (it contains vitamins A, C and E), promotes the growth of new skin cells thereby reducing signs of aging. Its high content also makes it a remarkable treatment for injured skin and can promote healing and speed up recovery from ailments such as eczema, psoriasis and other skin conditions.
- Andiroba Oil contains linoleic, palmitic, oleic and stearic acids. These acids are key moisturising elements found in ceramides that nourish our skin, prevent premature aging and reduce inflammation. And if these acids weren’t enough, other essential fatty acids (EFAs) have been found to increase levels of collagen resulting in plumper, smoother looking skin.
- As mentioned the benefits of Andiroba Oil can be extended beyond its use in skin care. When warmed and applied directly to the scalp, Andiroba Oil stimulates blood flow and encourages hair growth. It can also be used as a deep conditioning treatment for dry or damaged hair resulting in less breakage without leaving the hair greasy or oily.
- As well as its skin and hair nourishing properties, Andiroba Oil has been used as a natural treatment for inflammation and joint pain for hundreds of years. Applied directly to the affected area, it can be used to relieve the symptoms of arthritis, rheumatism and muscle pain whilst also reducing swelling. It’s even been known to be used by the Brazilian football team after matches to aid muscle recovery!
Shop our best of Andiroba Oil below...